For example, the U.S. Rules of Criminal Procedure.
Or NASA equations.
OR that brown rice will NOT cook well in a rice cooker.
Do you see my confusion?. . .rice. cooker. For cooking. rice. The logic is mind blowing.
When I got married, I was SOO excited to FINALLY own a rice cooker. *insert daisy fields here* I would finally be able to make rice quickly and like a champ.
And then I tried to make brown rice.
. . .
And just. . .
. . .
WHY WON'T IT WORK!?!?!
After doing some research on the ol' internet, I came to the conclusion that making brown rice was just one of those time consuming, pain-in-the-butt things with no solution.
*sigh*
UNTIL I came across a blog post addressing this issue.
Our Best Bites provided this lovely alternative to stove-top cooking.
Boo. yah.
It still takes an hour, but it's so. EASY. I can't screw it up. Which is a big deal for me.
So, for those of you in the same brown-rice-loving-but-Imma-lazy-pants boat, here is the answer.
You're welcome.
Oven-Baked Brown Rice
Serves 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
1 1/2 cups brown rice
2 1/3 cups water
2 tsp unsalted butter
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour rice into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
Heat butter and water just until boiling, either on the stove or the microwave. Stir in the salt until dissolved and pour over rice in the baking dish.
Cover baking dish with 2 layers of regular aluminum foil or 1 layer of heavy duty foil. Bake rice for 1 hour, or until rice is cooked through.
Remove dish from oven, uncover, and fluff with a fork. Cover with a kitchen towel (tuck in edges under dish so the towel doesn't touch the rice). Let it stand for 5 min. Uncover and let stand for 5 more minutes.
Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment